S-Fly BANDIT : The big free style machine
The S-Fly BANDIT has been designed based on requests by Fred Fugen and Vince Reffet, who asked for a Skydive/BASE wing suit as powerful and as maneuverable as possible, delivering a significant action range, and with its own french touch (of course).
The Skydive test flights have been extremely positive: the BANDIT showing control in every flight angle and allowing all moves at any speed. Furthermore we have been surprised by how reactive the BANDIT is: so easy to switch from belly to back or to dive down to full head down position and to flatten back right after.
The BASE test flights have show very fast starts, fully in line with the BANDIT surface and profile.
We have also built the BANDIT upon some key features of the S-Fly RIDGE:
- Wide cup inlets on arm and leg wings for an accelerated inflation
- Neoprene half sleeve to ease the pull and for a super safe risers reach-up
- In or out harness connection
Also we have integrated the necessary back flight tools:
- Cup inlets on the back of both arm wings and leg wing
A new feature is the Mylar strip on arm wing top skin. It allows to improve the air flow behind the leading edge by reducing the ballooning in “flat arm” / max glide flying position.
We have designed this Mylar strip to be sewn in a very specific way
- Between the ribs (and not with the ribs), in order to flatten the ballooning
- Without stitching the trailing edge of the strip, so as to create a small “cut” that allows the air flow to better stick to the rest of the arm wing top skin
Furthermore the BANDIT includes all the necessary options as standard features
- Easy Dezip system on ankles
- Wide inside inseam mesh pocket
- Smartphone outside pocket
- Long belly zipper
- 5.10 soles